In May 2018, the regulations surrounding how companies and organisations can hold your personal data changed. This Notice tells you how we handle your Personal Data and the rights you have, when we hold it. This Notice is intended to comply with the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation EU 2016/679 (GDPR) which governs how Personal Data is processed within the European Economic Area (EEA).
Who are we?
We are Cheam Gymnastics Club, and we provide gymnastics and trampoline activities at Cheam High School, Chatsworth Road, Cheam, Sutton, Surrey SM3 8PW. We are registered with London Gymnastics and British Gymnastics, who govern the sport and offer competitions and events in which we may participate.
We are the “data controller” for the purposes of GDPR. This means that we decide how your Personal Data is processed and for what purposes. We take your privacy seriously and will ensure your personal information is kept secure
Although Cheam Gymnastics Club doesn't lawfully require a Data Protection Officer, Heather Maxey is the Data Protection Lead, and is the first point of contact with data related issues as well as overseeing GDPR compliance. You will find contact details at the end of this Notice.
Your personal data – what is it?
Personal Data is data that relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. We might be able to identify you from the data itself or by linking that data to other information we have access to. GDPR tells us how we must process your Personal Data.
How we use information about you
We need to process information about you or your child for the following reasons:
- Contractual purposes
- To provide the gymnastics activity you have requested; communicate with you about this activity; changes to our terms and conditions and to inform of and process payments.
- Legitimate interests
- To meet the legitimate aims of the club and ensure your child is well supported and safe whilst participating in gymnastics. This includes:
- Carrying out any relevant risk assessments:
- Some individuals may present with a medical condition that may pose a potential risk of harm from participating in gymnastics. It is vital that you share any relevant medical information. We will ask for your agreement to undertake any appropriate assessments.
- Identifying any reasonable adjustments and adaptations to support inclusion:
- If you or your child has a disability or any special needs, we will review the information you have provided to help us identify any actions we can take to support inclusion. We may need to ask you for more information to help us in this process.
- Responding to any comments, questions or complaints you may send us.
- Maintaining class attendance records and contact details for emergency purposes.
- Filming and taking photos for coaching purposes and/or to promote the Club on our Website and in communications. All film and photos of children will only be published in line with our safeguarding policy.
(You have the right to object to any of the above uses of your information by contacting us. Please note that in some cases, this may affect our ability to carry out the things we need to do for you to take part in gymnastics.)
- To comply with applicable laws and protect legitimate club interests and legal rights. This includes, but is not limited to the use of your information relating to legal claims and compliance and regulatory activity.
- We will provide you information by email, mid-term and end of term newsletters about Club news, activities, and opportunities that we think will be of interest to you.
Why we share your information
Your Personal Data will be treated as strictly confidential and will be shared only with organisations whose services are required in order to provide the services we offer, or in exceptional/emergency circumstances where we believe that the sharing of information about you is vital to protect you, your child or another person.(i.e. in case of an accident and subsequent necessary medical assessment and treatment)
If you/your child wants to enter a competition provided by another club, we will, with your agreement, share the information required to enter the event, usually name, date of birth and gender. Competitions can be large events and there are likely to be photographers and people filming.
You have the right to see the personal information we hold about you. You can also request a copy of any other information we hold by writing to us.
If we do hold other information about you, you can ask us to delete it or correct any inaccuracies. We will either make the requested amendments or provide an explanation as to why we are not making changes.
If you leave the Club, the information you have provided will be deleted, except where there is a legitimate and lawful reason to continue to hold your data. In the absence of a legitimate and lawful reason to retain any other information we hold about you, this will be deleted after 12 months, unless you re-join the Club within that period.
Further processing Cookies
In the unlikely event we want to use your Personal Data for a new purpose, not covered by this Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use. We will do this before we start processing for the new use. We will set out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
Changes to the Privacy Notice
We keep our privacy notices under regular review. This privacy notice was last updated on 31st August 2018.
If you have a problem, complaint or, if there is something you don’t understand, please contact us first using the following:
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 02083942102
- Address: Cheam High School, Chatsworth Road, Cheam, Sutton, Surrey SM3 8PW
You can contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113 or via email (https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/) or at:-
Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire. SK9 5AF